I made these chicken legs a few months ago as my first time cooking without a recipe. They actually came out really amazing so I wrote down what I did, and I made them a second time. I’m sure you could substitute some of the ingredients for your own variation or use fresh herbs, but I used what I had on hand, so the following will reflect that…
5 Chicken Legs
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Olive Oil Cooking Spray
Lemon Pepper Seasoning
10 Large Fresh Basil Leaves
4 Cloves Fresh Garlic, Minced
1. Pour some Extra Virgin Olive Oil into a Ziplock bag with a little Balsamic Vinegar added and stir it together, or shake it up.
2. Spray Olive Oil Cooking Spray onto foil-lined pan, and place 5 large fresh basil leaves across, sprinkled with a little lemon juice.
3. Dip chicken legs in Olive Oil/Vinegar mix until completely coated, and place one leg on each basil leaf.
4. Pour extra Olive Oil/Vinegar mix over chicken legs.
5. Sprinkle legs with: Salt, pepper, lemon pepper seasoning, oregano, dried parley, dried basil, fresh garlic, and lemon juice.
6. Cover each leg with another large fresh basil leaf. (I don’t know if this did anything as it just crumbled when I took them out of the oven, but they were not quite as good the second time I made them without it.)
7. Cook in 400 degree oven for 35 minutes. (Time may be adjusted depending on your oven. This was perfect for mine.)